[How to make a ❤ shaped hard boiled egg] – Egg – Milk carton or any juice carton (cut open, washed well and dried) – Chopstick (round one is ideal) – Rubber bands
Step 1: Cut milk carton and fold it in half lengthwise.
This is all you need. (besides an egg) The milk carton is about 3″ X 8″.
Step 2: Make a hard boiled egg.
Step 3: While the egg is still warm, peel the egg and put the egg on the milk carton, place a chopstick on the center of the egg, and put rubber bands on the both ends.
If you don’t have a round chopstick maybe you can put a skewer inside a straw and use it. (If you use a disposable chopstick, the middle part of the heart will probably look funky.)
Make sure the egg is freshly boiled and warm. Otherwise the egg might break from the pressure.
It’s hard to see but you want the chopstick to dig into the egg.
Step 4: Leave it for about 10 minutes. (Keep the egg in the fridge if it’s summer time.)
Step 5: Take the chopstick off and cut the egg in half.
Hard boiled eggs are so soft, smooth and easily modified.
It’s cute as is.
But the heart shaped yolk makes it even more adorable! Also every pair is very unique, so no other pair is like it! Kind of romantic, isn’t it?
You can put them in the bento just as they are.
Or you can cut the bottom of the egg to make them stand.
This is great for beginners of both kyaraben makers and eaters. It doesn’t require any special technique or ingredients. Also I think it can be awesome finger food at a party. You don’t need a special mold so you can make a lot of them at the same time. Put seasoning on the top like salt, egg, ketchup, anything to dress them up or you can make deviled eggs with them.Â It’s easy, and a delicious way to tell someone how much you ❤ them.
“Well I get these pranks in the middle of the night just willing to eat something that needs prior preparation….of course there is no idly batter or even a pack of instant mix at home. So just an experiment came out well.”
Soozi/Rava- 2 cups
Besan- 1/2 cup
Dhaniya – 3 strands chopped
Soda- 1/2 teaspoon
Dahi- 1 cup
Ajwain- 1 teaspoon
Ginger Garlic paste- 2 teaspoons
Salt- according to taste
1. Mix soozi , besan, salt, soda, ginger garlic paste and dahi. Let the mixture stand for an hour (meanwhile watch TV). You can add water if you feel the batter is too thick it should not be too watery.
2. Add Ajwain , Dhaniya and Chillies. Arrange your idly stand grease the stand with oil. Put water on the bottom of pressure cooker and place your stand. Remove the whistle of your pressure cooker’s lid and let the idily steam for 6-7 mins. Your idily is ready 🙂
I used a steamer its much easier that way. Let the idly cool and then remove from the stand. You can use a pointed knife to do this. You may serve this with chutney. I used a coconut chutney for this.
“Often I cannot stop myself when there is egg being fried on the streets…specially while coming back from office when hunger just strikes you but there are issues like how old is the egg and the oil and filling was it yesterdays left over? So I learnt it on the streets”
1. Roti already made (I know we can make them in different shapes but it doesn’t matter :P). I suggest you make them a little thick not very thin like fulkas.
2. Egg (one)
3. Onions (half)
4. Capsicum (half)
5. Tomato (half) (remove seeds)
6. Green Chilli (one)
7. Black pepper (two pinch)
8. Salt (one pinch)
9. Tomato and Chilli Ketchup
1. Heat a non-stick tawa with little oil and fry the vegetables(till soggy and not crispy). Remove from heat and lower the heat.
2. Heat you roti and pour little oil from the edges.
3. Break the egg on top and spread over the roti with back of a serving spoon and sprinkle salt, pepper and chilli. You can do this slowly and keep coating the extras until it spreads well.
4. Now turn the roti upside down. Do not worry the egg will be stuck to the roti by now you will see it cooking. Pour some oil from the edges.
5 . Put it out upside down on a plate. Spread some chilli sauce , tomato sauce put in your filling.
6. Place a thick tissue paper below and roll it.
7. Enjoy share it with your friends if u like .
1. If you find it difficult to turn it upside down while doing it you can use the flipper at the bottom and back of a serving spoon or another flipper on the top to toss it.
2. Always use paper to roll it up or else the filling will fall a part.
SUNDAY HO YAA MONDAY ROOZ KHAYE ANNDE….Bass dhiyaan rakhe ki yeh aapki marksheet par naaa dikhe 😛 ( Image taken from goggle)
Mutton Sheekh Kababs – 4-5 sticks (cut into three pieces)
Rice – 2 1/2 cups
Boiled Egg- 3
Onions – 2
Ginger- 2 pieces
Yoghurt (Dahi)- Half Cup
Garlic- 6 pods
Sweet Corn- half cup
Oil- 2 table spoons (mustard or refined)
Jeera powder- 2 spoons
jeera (sabut)- half spoon
Green chilies: 2 chopped
Chilly Powder: 2 tea spoons
Gram masala- 2 tea spoon
Bay Leaf- 3
Salt – according to taste
1. Heat oil and fry kababs till surface looks golden and remove from heat.
2. In a shallow kadai or pressure cooker heat oil put bay leaves wait till aroma rises and then discard.
3. Then put jeera (sabut), garlic, ginger, green chilies , onion and fry. Add tomatoes, corn , capsicum and continue.
4. Add all the masalas, salt and kababs. Add dahi and cook.
5. Now add 2-3 cups water and put rice on top.Cut boiled eggs into pieces and place on top.
6. Cover with a plate and seal. You can put a heavy vessel on top with water and let it cook in a low flame. **** Alternatively, if you don’t want this fuss and you are in a hurry just use the pressure cooker lid but keep the flame low.
Serve with Raita or Curd or Gravy
You can use brown rice instead of white. Brown rice is recommended for diabetics and has less carbohydrates. Please add salt and soak it for 4 hours. Brown rice takes time to cook and I suggest you boil the rice a little bit before adding (just tender not too cooked).I MAYBE TASTY BUT MY MEAT IS RED!!!! Replace me with white (Chicken) if you love your heart!!! (Image: taken from Google)
I just didn’t know what to eat for breakfast so walked up to my refrigerator and manged to make this quick and yummy omelet.
1. Two Eggs
2. Half Capsicum
3. One Tomato
4. One Onion
5. One Green Chilli
6. Olive Oil
7. Salt to taste
8. One pinch freshly grounded pepper
Beat the eggs and add two teaspoons of olive oil and salt to it. Add pepper and keep aside. Heat two teaspoons of olive oil in a nonstick pan and stir fry onions, capsicum and tomatoes for one-two mins and remove from heat. Pour some oil if required and spread the egg batter for frying and stuff in the fried vegetables, sprinkle little salt. Roll the omelet serve hot with french fries and ketchup.
Beat eggs mix maida, salt,sugar, lime juice,and add chicken. Add chilly vinegar to the batter (i used green chillies that i had stored in vinegar over a few months). Cover the ingredients with a plastic foil and keep overnight in the refrigerator. Heat 2 table spoons of butter in a wok put pieces of chicken fry till still brown and remove from heat. Fry peas, carrots, capsicum and peas in remaining butter in a non-stick pan. add remaining batter. Add full cream milk to the veggies and cup of cheese till it boils. Add chicken and cover lid cook until vegetables and chicken are tender.